Advocate Madhvi Sharma
- Extensive experience of 4 years in Cyber laws, Corporate law and Consumer Protection Laws.
- Intellectual Property Laws and Monitoring Intellectual Property Rights Violation and Copyright Infringement for Amazon in these 4 years.
- Legal Consultant with Amazon.in- assisting the litigation team with drafting and legal briefing, since last 4 years.
- Assisting law enforcement agencies on behalf of Amazon in cases of Cyber Frauds.
- Head of customer services team and customer complaint resolution team at Amazon.
- Handling and heading national consumer helpline in Amazon, providing resolution, assigning legal work to law firms and coordinating with lawyers and law firms.
- Liaising on behalf of Amazon with Cyber Cell Bombay, Ahmedabad and Dwarka (Delhi) on Cyber Crime Matters.
- Pro Bono services on behalf of Amazon under their CSR obligations.
- Legal awareness programmes on behalf of Amazon and Delhi Minorities Commission- Awareness Trainings given in Prayas NGO, Schools like DAV, DPS and other Govt. Schools.
- Worked as intern at Forensic Science Laboratory Govt. of NCT Delhi.
- Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police Crime Branch- training on latest forensic technologies employed in cyber frauds cases.
- Presiding Officer of the Internal Complaints Committee under Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal ) Act- in Delhi Minority Commission, Government of Delhi.
- Legal Counsel and Panel Lawyer at Delhi Minorities Committee.
- Work related and compliance training to new hired employees/ interns at Amazon. Trainings were also given on how to handle Cyber Crime cases, how to coordinate with enforcement agencies and how to draft replies to notices and complaints for these purposes. MIS systems management and review.
Legal Consultant at Amazon
- Cyber Frauds: Managing team members, organizing team meetings, Case Law Research and coordinating with litigation teams and filing petitions. Handling CS Tools, ACT Tools for effective handling of cases and Information of Customers keeping in view their security and privacy concerns. Coordinating with LER Specialist team at Seattle, procuring data and providing same to law enforcement agencies.
- Copyright Infringements and Intellectual Property Violation- monitoring Copyright and IP violations and issuing processes and taking action against URLs doing such violations. Review contents of movies and Shows on OTT platform and checking their content for objectionable content or of legal violations.
- Appearance before bench: Handling litigation at Trial Courts of Delhi, Labour court, Central administrative tribunals and Schools Tribunals, Consumer Court, High Court and Supreme Court of India. Argued matters before several courts and fora across the country.
- Corporate laws and Consumer protection laws:- Taking up customer complaints, resolution of complaints, drafting replies and reviewing notices, complaints and replies. Coordinating with NCH team. Coordinating with the Customer Services team, Hyderabad and Seller Services team at Bangalore. Inspection of Warehouses and fulfilment centres.
- Additional Responsibilities: Briefing and follow up from Advocates and law firms on cases and assisting in Argument before Courts and Tribunals. Pro Bono activities under CSR on behalf of Amazon. Assisting law enforcement agencies by stopping fraudulent transactions and payment, providing customer details to enforcement agencies and assisting in enquiry. Legal Process Training of employees.
Cyber Forensics: –
- Training on Cyber forensics. Liaising with Cyber Crime Cells and Economic Offences wing of Police and Enforcement Agencies. Latest Technological Knowhow of Cyber forensics and IT and tracking tools.
Delhi Minorities Commission-
- Handling sexual harassment cases. Presiding Officer of the ICC in the Commission. Legal Awareness Programs held on behalf of the commission in schools and NGOs.
- Legal Counsel and Panel Lawyer at Delhi Minorities Commission.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFFESSIONALCREDENTIALS
Royal College of Law CCS University Meerut
LLM in Corporate Law, 2020
Gita Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University
B.Sc. (Hons.), 2015
MSc (Forensic Sciences), 2017
Post Graduate Certificate in Forensic Science.
University of Delhi.
Certificate in Intellectual Property Rights
Indian Law Institute, Delhi
Post Graduate Diploma in Consumer Law and Practice, Pursuing
Internships and workshops:
|Organization||Indian Law Institute. Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights.|
|Organization||Forensic Science Laboratories, Rohini Internship on Cyber Forensics.|
|Organization||Amazon Internship on Consumer Cases, 2016.|
- On Job Trainings at Amazon on Data Protection, Security and Privacy.
- On Job Training on ACT and CS Tools at Amazon.
- Webinar on POCSO at HAQ Centre for Child Rights.